Our NK-Activity ePBMC® has been characterized for cytolytic activity against K562 tumor cells. This cell line expresses no MHC-I at its’ surface, which enables testing of NK activity.
About NK PBMC
Natural Killer cells (NK cells) are a part of Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMC) and fulfil a crucial function in the innate immune system when detecting virus infected- and tumor cells. Some viruses internalize the MHC-I, attempting to hide their presence of the adaptive immune system. NK cells circulate in the blood and screen every cell if the major-histocompatibility complex (MHC-I) molecule is expressed on the surface. Missing MHC-I triggers apoptosis from the NK cell inside the effector cell.
|≥10 million cells per vial||Cat# CTL-NCP1|
Please contact us if you are interested in a donor with a defined Killing % Effector:Target Ratios.
- Product Data Sheet Characterized Cryopreserved Human PBMC
- Thawing Cryopreserved PBMC
- Isolation of PBMC from Fresh Whole Blood
- Cryopreservation of PBMC from Fresh Whole Blood
- Plating PBMC into the ELISPOT Assay
- Resting of Cryopreserved PBMC Does Not Generally Benefit the Performance of Antigen-Specific T Cell ELISPOT Assays
- Optimal Thawing of Cryopreserved Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells for Use in High-Throughput Human Immune Monitoring Studies
- Brochure Cryopreserved Human PBMC
- Brochure Serum-free Media